Monday, February 16, 2009

So Many Projects....So Little Time

So, another knitting update. I know, I know. I'm obsessed. Just ask my husband. But hey, at least it's a productive obsession!

I finished Miles' soaker a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, it's a little too small for him, at least in the leg openings. I should have made the larger size. I measured hip and rise over his diaper, but I didn't think about his chubby thighs being a problem! Anyway, it turned out good, except for that. Good practice, anyway. I did learn the kitchener stitch doing this, which I was pretty impressed with. Sorry about the blurry pics...Miles is always in motion!


I also bought the sheepy pants pattern online, and I've started a pair of longies using that. It's going pretty well so far. It's knit in the round, which I like so much better than the other pattern I have. That one's knitted flat, in 2 pieces, and the sewed together to make pants. I seem to have stalled on it. Maybe I'll get somewhere on it eventually, but I think it's much more likely that I"ll take out what I"ve started and make something else (maybe a larger soaker!) with the yarn.

I also completed Kaylee's hat, which is super cute, but she won't wear it very long because it's mainly wool and she says it's itchy.

I learned something here....don't make Kaylee anything predominately wool. She's got very sensitive skin. I have a sweater 3/4 done for her, but it's also a wool blend, so she'll have to wear it over a turtleneck or something.

The next item I make for her will not have wool in it!

Per my sis's request, I'm making another hat for baby Evan, this one with ear flaps. It's almost done, made of 100% cotton yarn, super soft and comfy, but I'm not sure about the way the yarn is patterning. I like the colors though.


Then there's still that orange scarf. If I ever get that yarn it will be amazing. If I ever get the scarf done, it will be more amazing still!

I made the mistake of buying a baby pattern book the other day. And then I got a magazine from Lion Brand Yarn in the mail. Oh, the things I would like to make. Will I get most of them made? Not likely. But dreaming's fun too. :-)

-Hooded sweater for Kaylee: NOT WOOL!!!
-Legwarmers for Kaylee: using sock yarn
-Miles sweater or hoodie: Cotton-Ease or Cupcake
-Rich hoodie: not sure of the yarn for this, maybe Lion Brand Homespun?
-Cardigan for me: Merino!
-"Mommy sweater": probably Wool-Ease
-Felted afgan
-Baby booties: so cute!
-Socks. Sometime.
-Knitted teddy bear: just to do it.
-Baby blocks and balls: again, for something different, just to do it.
-Knitted cushion covers: ditto.

Got a request? If you buy the yarn....."-)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, Nikki, we're in the same boat- but you're much better at posting pictures of your progress! ;) I love how Kaylee's hat turned out! I agree about the wool though- my sister's hat is the same, and I'm not sure if she's going to like the "scratchy" or not- we're sensitive skin-ed too. I'm going to have to look into that pattern book you got. Also, I was so glad to see that a lot of those Lion Brand patterns are free online- yay! :)

L'anglaise. said...

Wow! You are one busy lady! :-)

Mary said...

Nikki, you might try putting some silk material inside Kaylee's hat. I sure think its as nice as the girl wearing it.