Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back in the Game

I'm finally feeling more like myself again. Whew. Kaylee did come down with the bug this morning, but she seemed to handle it much better than I did. She was only sick a few times and was asking for food by 3 PM. I gingerly allowed her a little chicken and rice for supper, which she promptly ate as if she'd never been sick today. Then she wanted a bath. Oh, to have her resilience. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the "milky" Miles has been so interested in lately will at least have provided him some antibodies to fight off the virus. So far so good. One more perk for nursing toddlers!

I did discover a few things during/after my absence from housework this week.

1. If you select the "soak and scour" option plus a sani rinse on my dishwasher it will take over 5 hours for the cycle to complete. But the dishes are beautifully clean!

2. There is only a finite amount of dirty clothes/towels that will fit on the bathroom floor. After that it spills out into the hallway. And then down the stairs.

3. If you do not sweep your kitchen floor for nearly a week, you will have more to sweep up than one dustpan can hold. This is worsened by the fact that your toddler absolutely abhors dog food IN the dog bowl. It must be dumped on the kitchen floor, along with the poor dog's water, walked on until it consists of small mushy granules, and then allowed to dry. Ew.

4. Cloth diapers smell unbelievably nasty after being left in the diaper pail for 5 days. And it takes 3 very hot wash cycles to get the stench out. Double EW.

5. Bleach is a very good thing.

6. Even if you love cooking from scratch, keep a few "ready to eat" or at least "easy to fix" dinner options in the freezer. Just for times like this. At least you (or your hubby) can feed them to your kids when the need arises.

And now that I"ve shared all those not so pleasant observations, I think I'd better get to bed. Tomorrow I'll tackle the living room.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh boy! I'm sending you some stamina vibes to help you get back on top after being so sick. :D Glad you're feeling better!