Thursday, December 18, 2008

Settling In

I guess it's time to settle in for the winter. We've got blizzard conditions predicted for the next 3 days, so it looks like we, or at least me and the kids, will be sitting tight for a while again. Makes me feel like making soup and bread and muffins and cupcakes. Oh, and starting a new knitting project. I"m really getting into the knitting thing. I downloaded some easy patterns from the web for hats, plus I've got lots of yarn on hand, so we'll see what happens. I've got all sorts of projects I'd like to start, and I definitely need the practice! As of right now I only have circular needles, so that does limit things a bit. Anyway, maybe I can keep myself busy. Now if only I had something to keep the KIDS busy!

It's been so nice to have Rich home from work the past week. I got a new phone today (for free!) and he's playing with the downloadable ringtones on it tonight.....he's having more fun than I would with it anyway. It's nice just to sit in the same room after the kids go to bed, just enjoying the companionship, even though we're each involved in something different. There's definitely something to be said for regular daytime work hours. Sigh. Maybe someday.

No comments: