Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cabin Fever

We've been confined to the house for over a week due to sickness and snowstorms. Turns out Rich got the bug worse than any of us. He lost 7 pounds in 3 days and ended up in the ER on Monday with an IV for dehydration. Fun stuff. His doctor told him yesterday that he has to be off work and rest until at least Friday. In spite of the circumstances, it's kind of nice to have him around the house for a change!

Trying to keep the kids entertained has become a bit of a challenge. They're both feeling better now, but the temps and wind chills outside make outdoor play impossible. Kaylee's become interested in talking on the phone lately, so that helps. That's what I do when I'm bored! Here she is in her pj's talking to "the new Grandma" in Missouri.


Ever since Rich got out the trackball mouse again Miles has been enthralled by the "ball". Yep, he's a boy! It does make computer work a little difficult =)


We got about 5 inches of light, fluffy snow yesterday, and up to 6 more inches are expected tomorrow. So if anyone's going to town for groceries, it'll have to be today. Maybe I'll get out of the house yet!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I know- I'm itching to get out of the house too! Ugh this snow. I really wanted to get out of the house yesterday, but had to stay home due to the roads. I had planned to go tomorrow, but obviously that won't be happening either. :) Guess I'll just pack up my little daycare guy today and head in while I can. Hope you guys can keep busy and entertained- we all could be forced to hibernate for a while. :)