Monday, January 26, 2009

"Eat Candy"

Kids have some interesting versions of songs. I remember one little kid who thought the line of the grace went "To thee who dusts the raven's feet" rather than "doth the ravens feed", and wondered why the raven had such dusty feet! Here's a couple of our own versions of popular songs.

One of Ian's favorite bedtime songs is "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean", but in his version, it goes, "My Mommy lies over the ocean, my Mommy lies over the sea. My Mommy lies over the ocean, Oh bring back my Mommy to me."

The other day Kaylee was singing "Yankee Doodle", which she heard on her Wee Sing America CD. "Yankee Doodle keep it up, Yankee Doodle dandy, mind the music and the step and with the girls eat candy." When I laughed and told her it was "be handy" she said, "No it's not! Listen to the words Mommy!"

I let it go at that.

No comments: