Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update

Here's my weekly resolutions update.

1. Prayer/Reading Time: This is going well. It's getting to be a bit of a habit now, picking up my Bible right after breakfast, and the kids are getting used to playing without Mommy then, so that's good too. It's helped along by the fact that the internet connection has been working sporadically at best in the AM. I'm thankful for all the help I can get!

2. Kids: Bible stories continue to be popular. Kaylee has wheedled me into 2 each night rather than one. Her favorite is Jesus' birth. She's taken an interest in her Scholastic Kids' Bible as well and looks at it daily. I'm not so sure about it, since it's condensed to story lines (no Leviticus or minor prophets, New Testament is mostly the gospels, for example) and has illustrations but I guess any exposure and interest is good.

3. Menu: Meatless Monday (which we actually had today, due to meat needing used up yesterday) was better this week. Campanele pasta with tomato cream sauce: YUM. The kiddos enjoyed their noodles with butter and parmesan cheese.

Last week was supposed to be no shopping week, but I ended up doing a grocery shop on Friday. I did stick with meals from our stores for the entire week though. So I guess it was at least a partial success. I'm not sure how much we actually saved, since we had to stock up again the next time we went shopping.

4. Plants: Still on hold until spring gets closer. I plan to do my seed ordering in a couple of weeks.

5. Crafts: I finished up some projects this week! I"m doing pretty good at keeping this under control. More on that and pics of the finished projects in a later post.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay, Nikki! :) Sounds like things are coming along good for you. I decided to try and make a similar morning Bible/prayer time commitment too, and I have to say, it's making life much nicer. :)