Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Blahs

I've been feeling moody and out of sorts the past couple of days. I'm not sure what's going on. It could have something to do with the fact that it's snowing and blowing and I"m stuck in the house for the week. Or the fact that the kids can't get outside either, and they're hyper and fighting and whiny by turn. Or that I won't be babysitting until April, which means hard-to-entertain kids (no Ian to play with) and reduced income until spring: so no shopping therapy either. So, I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I'm just not motivated to do anything but mope around and eat, neither of which are very good for me. I did knit a bit, and finished Rich's hat, but that only added to my moodiness because it turned out way to big around for him. Grrr.

Anyone have tips for getting out of the doldrums?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ugh- I'm right there with ya! I always have winter troubles round this time of year, add to that the constant up and down of our adoption/infertility and it's a mean cocktail. :S Anyway, what does help is to spend several minutes in the sun as much as possible- sometimes that's just sitting on the floor soaking up the light from the south window, or (when it's not absolutely frigid) going outside for a few minutes' walk everyday. Hubby also bought me a "happy light" last year- they sell them at Menards. I think it was like $15.00, and it's similar to natural sunlight. I also hear exercising is great for helping with this too- I kind of wish we had one of those "Wii Fit" things. If I can muster the energy/enthusiasim I'm going to try to learn yoga or something. Good luck. I know how it is.

Mulberry Mama said...

Thanks - it does help to know I'm not the only one!