Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sticker Shock

I got quite the reality check this afternoon when I added all the items I thought I wanted from my seed and garden catalogs. Who would have expected that I thought I'd need nearly $650 worth of seeds, plants, and such. Whew. Time to pare down the list to the essentials. I probably don't need 3 varieties of cantaloupe or cucumbers. I can do without a compost bin and a kitchen compost pail. Another rosebush and perennial bed can most likely wait. (Those rosebushes and perennials would also make good gifts though...hint hint:-)

At any rate, I had a good time looking. Never hurts to dream, right? Being practical can wait until tomorrow. Between the garden planning and the past 2 days of sunshine, I'm feeling much more like myself in spite of the -30 degree weather. And now I'm off to bed. 'Nite all.

No comments: