Sunday, January 4, 2009

He Missed Me

We ended up staying in Missouri a couple days longer than we originally planned. Those few days, Rich called me more times than the previous 4 days put together. We've been separated more than our share during our almost 10 years of marriage, but usually it was me at home alone while he was traveling. Rich has been the one at home only a handful of times, and most of those in the past couple years. So while I missed him, I had family and kids and catching up with my sister to keep my happy and occupied. But Rich was here alone.

When we got home, the house was tidy, the dog was bathed and brushed, supper was planned, and fresh flowers and scented candles were waiting on the table. Aren't they beautiful?


Then he played with the kids and made supper while I took a shower and rested. You never saw such happy kids to be back in their familiar world with Daddy. While we were gone, all we heard every night at bedtime and all the way (7 hours in the car) home was "I want to see my Daddy!" from Kaylee. They literally wouldn't let him out of their sight.


I'm so glad to be home. And so thankful for my husband, who loves me.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Awwww... pretty sweet. Hope you had a good trip.