Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Good Day

Today was crafting/knitting mania at it's best. Jenni and I met for a knitting session at our local yarn shop, where we gabbed and knitted and browsed cool yarn and patterns to our hearts' content, sans kids. It was so much fun. We talked about doing it on a regular basis, which sounds wonderful, if I can keep from buying too much yarn. I can never go into that store and come out empty handed. Today I bought some yummy new wool for Miles' soaker and longies.



I also stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way and picked up some cute clearance flannel and terry for cloth wipes, plus new shears and flannel backing for my denim rag quilt I have planned.

So I'm well set for projects again! The only thing on my project list that I don't have materials for is Kaylee's sweater, but I can't start that until I get a few other things finished anyway.

Here's a peek at what's currently in the works.

Rich's hat - second draft. This one looks much more like it will fit him!

Miles' mittens: One done and the second barely started, made of double-stranded 100% fine merino wool on size 7 needles. Turning out pretty good for my first mittens, I think.


My sister's scarf is still on hold until the back-ordered yarn comes.

Yep, I had a good time. Friendly (adult!) conversation, new crafting supplies, and uninterrupted knitting. The kids enjoyed spending some time at Grandma's And the day was topped off with perfect sunshine and temps above freezing. What more could I ask for?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was fun! :D Let's figure out a regular (weekly? bi-monthly?) time to meet up like that- if it works for you. :)

Mulberry Mama said...

I think weekly would be perfect, at least for the rest of the winter, weather permitting, of course!

Jennifer said...

Sounds great! Do Saturdays work for you? I only have a couple more weeks where I won't have daycare kids every day, so if that works for you it works for me... :)