Friday, November 7, 2008

Snow!

After such nice days the beginning of the week, we woke up this morning to this.


I just can't say that I"m ready for winter yet this year. I enjoy the changing seasons, but I'm not a big fan of icy roads and blizzards. Rich has a long drive on county roads to work and back every day, my sister has to bring Ian out in the mornings, and taking 2 or 3 little ones to town for groceries, etc with bad roads is out of the question. Plus, we were all so enjoying this Indian summer!

I remember when I was a kid, the first snowfall was cause for great excitement. Snow! That meant sledding, and snowmen, and snow forts, and digging cat caves in the snow banks. We could go tubing at the park, and come home to hot cocoa and homemade chicken noodle soup. Maybe there would be a snow day off from school! Maybe we'd even get snowed in! Everything is an adventure when you're a child. So I try not to let my winter travel concerns dampen my kids' enthusiasm.



I was really hoping that the snow would hold off a little longer. But now, since it's here, I think I'll settle in with a cup of cocoa, bake some bread and make soup. Maybe we'll even bundle up and go outside later if the wind lets up. I guess winter isn't so bad after all!

2 comments:

Lani said...

I hear ya. *sigh*

Jessica said...

Looks like it is here, and I think you have the right idea. Try to make the most of it.