Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

I did some searching this morning for a tasty recipe to use up my cooked pumpkin, and I found this. It sounded like the best of both my cheesecake and bar cravings so I tried it. YUMMY!! The only thing I would change is the nuts: mine weren't very finely chopped. Next time I"ll use the food processor.

Here it is, for your enjoyment:

1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
5 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup finely chopped pecans

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground allspice

1. In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixtures into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds good Nikki. Your own raised pumpkins.Please sent some my way. The finished product that is.