Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mommy's Helper

Kaylee's my helper. As the oldest kid, I'll admit that she gets her share of requests for help, but she usually loves to help. Especially if there's a project involved, such as pitting cherries, cutting apples for applesauce, or canning tomatoes.

She helps in the garden too. My mom says that Kaylee knows more about gardening than some adults. I find myself hoping that she just knows which ones are weeds and which are not! This photo is from last fall. (Did we use all those pumpkins? Um....no. They got rotten in the basement. This year we didn't plant so many!)


Today I asked the kids what they wanted for lunch. Kaylee's reply? "Homemade bread." So I made some. And sure enough, she helped. "Turn, fold, push, right Mommy?" she asked when I gave her a piece to knead. Thank goodness for little girls.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Kaylee, I know you are a very good helper, as i saw you & g-pa snap beans for 2 hr's & you only got up once for 5 min's. We love the way you help mommy.
You & daddy would bring me rasberries to eat, yum yum. Thank you sweety.
Now Miles, you are a little man, except when the blocks land on the head, but you are a special one, chip off the old block.Love G-pa & G-ma D.

Lani said...

I'm impressed. And mainly because this also means there's a very patient Mommy in the house, too. Cute pictures of your little helper!!!