Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Fever

Here is our newest nephew, Malachi, born Nov 6. Just look at all that hair! We hear that he's a great baby....good eater and sleeper and sweet as can be. Wish I could meet him. Don't you think he looks a bit like Miles at the same age?
Malachi


Miles

Every time I see or hold a new baby lately, it gives me just the tiniest bit of baby fever again. You know, that little twinge you get when you look at your toddler and preschooler and think, wow, how did they go from helpless infant to little independent people in such a short time? It seems like just days ago that they looked like this!


And then, for just a second, I think, "maybe we should have another one." But just for a second. I'm definitely not ready to start planning another baby yet. Maybe in a year or so. Luckily, my sister is expecting her second son in January. After her maternity leave, I"ll be babysitting him 5 days a week. To be honest, I am looking forward to having a newborn around again. But the best part about it is, he will go home to Mommy and Daddy every afternoon and I will still get a good night's sleep! So you see, another baby can wait for a while. I'll just do my best to ignore the twinges.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hang in there Nikki. You know what is best.But your still a good mother.

Lani said...

Congratulations!!! Malachi is beautiful. Check out that hair. And I LOVE the name. He does look a LOT like Miles at the same age. Wonder if they'll look the same when Malachi gets older? I feel baby fever kicking in again over here. ;)