Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Bees

Life is getting busier around here. (Is busier a word? More busy? Can't decide!)

Mom leaves tomorrow for Houston to be with my brother-in-law during his high-dose IV chemotherapy treatment for the next 5 days. My sister has school, so she can't go. He seems to have responded very well to the whole-brain radiation, so now they are going after the other spots in the lungs and lymph system. This type of chemo has had good results, so they're quite hopeful about it. I can't imagine what this has been like for my baby sis, to have her new husband so sick, but things are starting to look up. They are always in our prayers...

Starting tomorrow, I will be going into town to watch Ian at my other sister's place 2 days a week. She is getting near the end of her pregnancy (33 weeks) and has had some trouble with preterm contractions so I decided to give her a bit of a break. I'll try to get some laundry and housework done while the kids are napping, and maybe even cook up some things that she can just pop in the oven for easy dinners and such. If she can make it one more month, she'll have Christmas break, and the baby can come any day! Hopefully this will help.

And here I was thinking that I needed a project to keep me busy!

4 comments:

Mary said...

My Nikki,you sure know how to keep busy. Like Rich said, you go out & look for work.Know your sis. will appricate all your doing for her.
Need help, call Nikki. HELP NIKKI HELP.

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear B. is responding well! They're always in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated! :)

Lani said...

Oh wow. I didn't know your bil was so sick. Thinking of you all. Nice your Mom can go down and help. And I sure wish I had a big sis like you to come help me at the end of my pregnancy. ;) Thankfully, my Mom has been able to help me out in a few "emergency" situations when I just couldn't do it by myself anymore. Thinking of you all. Hang in there. Hugs.

L'anglaise. said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up for B...my, what a nice big sis you are :-) See you sometime x