Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Miles Milestones

*ALERT* Mommy brag post ahead. OK, now that you're clearly warned....

Miles is at such a cute age. He seems to be learning something every day. Just today he learned how to nod. He wanted to get out of his high chair after lunch today, and I was busy clearing the table. After saying "a-dun" several times, he finally shouted "Down!" That's a new word too. I turned around and asked, "You want to get down? "Uh huh" he says, vigorously nodding his head. Then he gave me that little grin that says: Hey, I'm so smart!

I'm constantly amazed at his vocabulary. He probably has 30 words that he says well, and a dozen more that he uses consistently but aren't real clear. He can tell you what most farm animals say, and has even put 2 words together on occasion. He can also point out and identify most body parts. At this age Kaylee said about 5 words, and one of them was uh oh!

Another thing Miles has learned recently is the concept of taking turns. He'll be getting horsey rides on my foot, and Kaylee will come over and want one too. So Miles will hop right off and wait patiently until she gets her turn. Then he wants back on. He's very sweet about it, until someone doesn 't give him a fair turn. Then you'll hear about it!

OK, I guess I've done enough bragging about my baby for tonight. I'd better stop and get to bed. But isn't he cute? :-)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute, Nikki. I love the first 3 years- it's just constant discovery, every day! :) Thanks for sharing your menus, too- I need inspiration on a regular basis!

Mary said...

My what a change in that boy. Miles is really growing up.Miles g-ma could just squeeze you. You have good parents.

Lani said...

I always get disgusted that Gavyn whines and screams so much and then I realize sometimes that it's my fault. A lot of times I don't pay full attention to him until he whines or screams. Guess it's probably somewhat of a learned behavior, huh?